This is the Linux app named Code Red Sim whose latest release can be downloaded as CodeRedSim.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Code Red Sim with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Code Red Sim
This is a student project designed to compete in the 2010 IEEE Computer Society Student Competition: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/competition/2010competition
The Code Red architecture is designed for extremely lower power environments, like distributed sensor networks. Included is a design of that architecture, a Java-based simulator, an implementation (without vector instructions) designed as a Logisim circuit (http://ozark.hendrix.edu/~burch/logisim/), and more.
The name "Code Red" comes from our team name, the Red Team. Since the competition dictated a small team size, our professor split the class and gave each group a color. We liked the name "Code Red" and chose it to represent our team and school's color (UMass' official color is Maroon.) Only later did we realize that "Code Red" was the name of an unrelated computer worm from 2001.
Advanced End Users, Developers, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/coderedsim/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.