This is the Linux app named CodeSounding whose latest release can be downloaded as codesounding-embedded-1.5.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CodeSounding with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CodeSounding is a sonification framework which makes possible to hear how any existing Java program "sounds like", by assigning instruments and pitches to code statements (if, for, etc) so that the flowing of execution is played as a flow of music.
- Instrument (via an ANTLR template) Java source code with callbacks to a runtime configurable sonification algorithm
- Play as MIDI by ABC and jMusic
- Provide frames to JACK Linux audio server
- Transform the execution trace to a musical score in PDF
- Play raw oscillators with JSyn
- Sonification with Max / MSP or Pure Data patches
Advanced End Users, Developers
Command-line, Project is a templating system
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/codesounding/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.