This is the Linux app named CopyRightNoticeGenerator whose latest release can be downloaded as CopyRightNoticeGenerator_1_1_1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CopyRightNoticeGenerator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
$. What it does?
This tool walks down through the source directory tree.
Within each directory node, it reads the files.
By the file extension, you can specify which kind of the files to be read.
While iterating those files, it inserts the comment lines for the copyright notice into each of them.
Finally, the new files are written to the corresponding directory node under the destination directory tree.
$. Default templates
As default, I wrote the templates of the copryright notice of:
GNU General Public License version 3
Apache License, Version 2.0
for the files with:
$. Example for how to use the 'here document'
In the UNIX shell scripting, the idiom by 'here document' can make the variable substitution easier.
And this shell script depends on the 'here document' expression.
So, you can think of it as the example of how to use the 'here document'.
- shell script
- example for "here is document" in bash
- Template for GNU General Public License (GPL) copy right notice
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/copyrightnoticegenerator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.