This is the Linux app named CSV / SAV files to Excel whose latest release can be downloaded as TraductionCSV.xlsm. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CSV / SAV files to Excel with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CSV / SAV files to Excel
You have been struggling with SPSS databases when you needed to use excel?
Well, this file (or the VBA module attached to it) will help you: you paste your CVS file format into one sheet, and the bulky strings will all your values will gently be split into one value per column by a custom excel function,
The function takes into account that some values might be strings with comas that should not be split into different variables.
The custom function should be usable for other types of files, it basically disaggregare a string into values separated by a standard character (by default the coma, but can be changed) and ignores separation characters that are within "string identifier" characters (by default the " ).
It is a very simple excel file, you need to allow the macros to use it.
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cvssavfilestoexcel/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.