This is the Linux app named csv2odf whose latest release can be downloaded as csv2odf-2.09.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named csv2odf with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
csv2odf can create business intelligence reports from csv data sources with output to ods, odt, html, xlsx, or docx documents. It uses a template file that you design to control the layout, fonts, and colors. Just query your database with output to csv (or tsv), then use csv2odf to insert the data into your template to produce a nice looking formatted output. It is a command line tool and you can automate the generation of reports by using scripts and cron. It can be used to create spreadsheets and documents for LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office Excel and Word. It is open source GPL v3 and crossplatform, it can run on most operating systems that can run Python (Python is required). More details, example files, and online manual at http://csv2odf.sf.net.
- Generate business intellegence reports for OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice.
- Generate business intellegence reports for Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Generate reports in ods, odt, html, xlsx, and docx format.
- Convert csv data into reports with formatted fonts and colors.
- Automate report generation using shell scripts and cron.
Advanced End Users, Developers, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/csv2odf/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.