This is the Linux app named Dave Gnukem to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as dave_gnukem-source-1.0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dave Gnukem to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Dave Gnukem to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Dave Gnukem is a retro-style 2D scrolling platform shooter. It is inspired by and similar to Duke Nukem 1, a famous 1991 classic. It currently runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, OpenPandora and MorphOS. It's not a clone or remake; it's rather more like a parody.
[News 3 Apr 2018] Version 1.0 is out!
As of 8 Oct 2016, this project is active again, and has a source repo: https://github.com/davidjoffe/dave_gnukem
Development LiveStream: https://www.liveedu.tv/david_joffe/l98yv-dave-gnukem-side-scrolling-shooter/
Level Editor How-to Video: https://youtu.be/xiznDqg2BHg
What reviewers are saying: "Worth the price you paid for it" "Not the worst game I've ever seen"
AWARDS: Won the arin_j "i think your a good programer award", 6 Jan 2018 live-stream; "FIVE STARS amazing programer at work" - https://www.liveedu.tv/david_joffe/R8JV2-miscellaneous/4zxMn-miscellaneous-49/
- Now with less crashes
- Game taking forever to complete, like Duke Nukem Forever
- Shootable bananas
- Integrated level editor
- Subliminal messages
- Clever pun in game title
- Evil SuperTux
- SystemD integration
- Big rockets
- Something that sort of resembles a cannon on wheels
- Arcane command-line parameters nobody will use
- Cutting edge lighting effects you'd expect from 1990
- More or less family friendly
- Nostalgic references to technology nobody uses anymore
- A surprisingly bearable 18 frames per second
- Red balloons
- Overweight hero to represent rise in obesity rates since original 1991 release
- Fans that blow you (no not what you're thinking, you dirty mind)
- Detects and corrects wrongthink
- Software doesn't spy on you
- Now with extra-retro simulated EGA/CGA, you'll feel like you're in the 90s again or your money back
- Bugs older than your children
- Much much more!
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnukem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.