This is the Linux app named Delayter whose latest release can be downloaded as delayter.5.1.2.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Delayter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
User has files that can probably be deleted later but does not feel comfortable deleting right now. Instruct with simple commands in which the file names and delay time are specified, eg.:
Delayter -m 1 -w 2 -d 3 file1 file2
by which file1 and file2 are scheduled for deletion 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days from now (roughly 47 days).
Useful on projects with many temporary junk files that cannot be deleted until a later time at which you might not remember whether they are important or not.
There are safeguards to protect against accidental deletion. Scheduled deletions can be viewed and also retracted. Files will not be deleted if they have been modified since scheduled for deletion.
The documentation at the Delayter web site is well-written and extensive. Please take a minute to read the "Overview" section.
- Filenames in the scheduled deletion database can be listed
- can instruct to operate only in the current working directory or folders in and below it
- Verbosity level of output can be controlled
- File dialog window to choose files. (for MS Windows users. Linux/Unix/Apple requires WxPython package to use feature.)
- Recursively go down directory tree and schedule contents for deletion
- Test "--dryrun" mode to run without actually deleting any files
- Pre-compiled executables provided for non-Python 3 users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/delayter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.