This is the Linux app named Dependency Discovery Tool whose latest release can be downloaded as OfficeDDT-20120201.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dependency Discovery Tool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Dependency Discovery Tool
The Dependency Discovery Tool searches through binary office files (.doc, .xls and .ppt) and tries to find any documents or files that are linked to the document.
It is written in java, using the Apache POI libraries ( http://poi.apache.org )
This project was part of a summer scholarship from the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University, Wellington (http://ecs.vuw.ac.nz) in conjunction with Archives New Zealand ( http://archives.govt.nz ).
At the moment it requires Java 6 to build and run, but this should change soon, and it will run on Java 5 upwards.
- Finds links in .xls, .doc and .ppt files.
- Output to plain text, XML or CSV
- Public API (http://officeddt.sourceforge.net/api)
- Command-line interface
Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/officeddt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.