This is the Linux app named dockserver-talk whose latest release can be downloaded as dockserver-talk-0.4.1.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dockserver-talk with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Dockserver-talk is a python module that provides an easy way to build custom clients that communicate with Teledyne Webb Research's dockserver software, used to control "Slocum" underwater gliders.
The package comes with two applications built on top of dockserverTalk:
BUGS: a program to monitor and display the position of gliders (as well as buoys and ships) with respect to a given GPS location (from an external source).
Surfalarm: a program that can send text messages or make direct phone calls, acting upon a glider to surface and connect to a dockserver, being in a mission, or aborted.
Serial2rudics: a helper program that lets a glider simulator connected to a serial port appear as a glider connecting and disconnection via rudics/iridium when at ther surface or underwater, respectively.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dockserver-talk/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.