This is the Linux app named Drawj2d whose latest release can be downloaded as Drawj2d-1.2.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Drawj2d with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Drawj2d creates technical line drawings using a descriptive language. It writes pdf, svg, eps, emf and dxf vector graphics or png images. It runs on all platforms that run Java. It is inspired by Asymptote but with a tcl-like syntax and 2D only.
- DRAW lines, points, circles, ellipses, arcs, parabolas, arrows and dimension lines
- WRITE labels using any font. LaTeX typesetting (computer modern font) supported.
- IMPORT images, pdf, svg, dxf
- SET color, line width and line type: solid, dotted, dashdotted
- DRAW TO SCALE 1:50, 1:100, 1:20
- different output formats Vector formats: pdf (Acrobat Reader, pdfLaTeX), svg (Browser, OpenOffice/LibreOffice), eps (LaTeX), emf (Microsoft Word). Bitmap formats png, bmp. Intermediate formats: tikz (LaTeX), bgd (Fachwerk), hcl (Drawj2d), rm (reMarkable), dxf (CAD).
- platform independent Drawj2d runs on every platform which runs Java: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Unix
- reusable drawings Drawings can be parametrised using variables.
- programming language Built in string based (tcl-like) scripting language Hecl (hcl) allows advanced features and extensibility.
- mavscript compatible Mavscript templates can embed calls to Drawj2d. Thus drawings can be created that depend on calculations.
- statics functions for engineers E.g. force arrows have their own scale, force vector addition respects equilibrium.
Advanced End Users, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/drawj2d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.