This is the Linux app named DVN whose latest release can be downloaded as dvn-0.1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DVN with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The goal of this project is to create an extension to Subversion, a version control system, with database schema versioning support. As a result, it will be possible to control versions of relational database objects, such as tables, views or stored procedures together with source code of the application, hence monitor relation between source code and database schema changes, history of database schema changes and ability to automatically update a newer, or revert to an older revision.
Currently, the client supports PostgreSQL and MySQL database systems. Emphasis is put on the client to be extensible, though, so it is possible to implement a connector for another database system.
This project is supported by the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, as a research project MUNI33/112013, http://www.muni.cz/research/projects/23565
Project is a database management tool, MySQL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/db-versioning/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.