This is the Linux app named dxf2pcb whose latest release can be downloaded as dxf2pcb.py. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dxf2pcb with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This Python script reads in a DXF (ascii) file and generates a PCB output compatible with PCB Designer, part of the gEDA suite. It is designed for two purposes: One is to generate a PCB snippet from a mechanical drawing (such as a board outline), the other is to produce element files from CAD drawings. PCB snippets are easily imported into an existing gEDA-PCB project using File -> Load Layout to Buffer. Generated element files are ready to use (except for special cases like no-paste flags and rounded pads).
- -inf switch just displays information about the DXF file (layers used, drawing extents)
- -xl switch allows the user to exclude layers from consideration--useful to remove features not applicable to the PCB, such as page borders and title blocks
- Can use line weights from DXF file or override them with user setting.
- -scl switch scales the drawing by given factor
- -dmo switch prevents dxf2pcb from moving the drawing to the origin before exporting
- -cth switch allows conversion of circles smaller than a specified size to drill holes (makes fixing element locations a snap)
- -v switch for verbose mode
- -el switch for generating element files
- -an switch for automatically numbering pins/pads
- -iun and -ilu switches for overriding drawing and line weight units
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf2pcb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.