This is the Linux app named Encrypted Notepad whose latest release can be downloaded as enotes.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Encrypted Notepad with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
New! a crowdfunding campaign for a new version is here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-better-encrypted-notepad - support a new, improved version of Encrypted Notepad!
"Encrypted Notepad" does only one thing, but aims to do it perfectly - a Notepad-like simple text editor where files are saved (and later loaded) encrypted with industrial strength algorithms. Available both for the desktop (as a Java application) and on Android.
Unencrypted data is never stored on-disk. Source is released (on SourceForge) under the BSD license.
- Symmetric key AES encryption
- Pre-encryption compression
- Convenient and safe!
- Android version available on the Market!
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/enotes/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.