This is the Linux app named EnDiskEx whose latest release can be downloaded as EnDiskEx-1.0.0-win_x86.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EnDiskEx with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
EnDiskEx is a command-line tool that bulk extracts instruments, sequences, songs, and banks from Ensoniq-formatted disk images (RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA) for the EPS/ASR family of samplers. The extracted files are saved as EFE / SMF / TXT files.
EnDiskEx is designed to extract Ensoniq banks for re-creation within a different DAW. It will track down the instrument and song files from bank references even if they were saved on another disk. There also exists a disk mapping feature to correct for any errors in this process caused by having relabeled disks, forgotten to label disks, etc.
EnDiskEx has been tested and validated against a variety of RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA images files the dev team has, including but not limited to, the ASR factory disks, the EPS 16+ factory disks, and the EPS (classic) factory disks.
- Reads images of disks formatted for Ensoniq EPS / EPS 16+ / ASR samplers.
- Reads RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA disk image formats.
- Builds an in-memory library of all images you point it at (can list multiple directories or explicit files).
- Can bulk extract all files on all images.
- Can find all bank files, parse them, and then extract each bank to its own sub-directory.
- Allows mapping specifications to correct for errors in bank references.
- Extracts all Ensoniq instruments to EFE formatted files on the PC.
- Extracts sequences/songs to type 1 SMF/MIDI files
- Expands song steps to MIDI, overlays song tracks on top, then saves as additional SMF/MIDI file
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/endiskex/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.