This is the Linux app named ePnR whose latest release can be downloaded as MyePnR_090.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ePnR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ePnR is a simple Integrated Circuit (IC) block standard cell placement & routing tool. ePnR currently supports only circuit blocks using equal height standard cells arranged in one or more channels of user configurable length. Standard cells are described in a simple text based library (compliant with eLogSim). Placement follows initially the cell call order in the SPICE like circuit input netlist. However, a placement optimization, aiming at minimum weighted accumulated wire length, by simulated annealing is available. Routing consists of channel routing as first step. If un-routed connections are left, Maze routing can (optionally) be applied. ePnR does not guarantee completely finished routing. However, un-routed connections will be left with rubberband connections and marked start and end points for subsequent manual routing using a third party layout editor. ePnR outputs in CIF 2.0 and GDS stream format readable by e.g. the free KLayout editor.
- Simple standard cell placement & routing tool for small-to-medium size IC blocks
- 4-5 layers of routing
- Tool precompiled for popular platforms (Windows 10/11, Linux, Raspberry Pi4+)
- Easy to compile source with Lazarus IDE (aarch64,arm,amd64,i386)
- CIF 2.0 and GDSII output
Non-Profit Organizations, Education, Engineering
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/epnr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.