This is the Linux app named Event Horizon whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.16.0_Snapshotsandmore.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Event Horizon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Event Horizon is a CQRS/ES toolkit for Go. Event Horizon is used in production systems but the API is not final! CQRS stands for Command Query Responsibility Segregation and is a technique where object access (the Query part) and modification (the Command part) are separated from each other. This helps in designing complex data models where the actions can be totally independent from the data output. ES stands for Event Sourcing and is a technique where all events that have happened in a system are recorded, and all future actions are based on the events instead of a single data model. The main benefit of adding Event Sourcing is traceability of changes which can be used for example in audit logging. Additionally, "incorrect" events that happened in the past (for example due to a bug) can be compensated for with an event that will make the current data "correct", as that is based on the events.
- Useful for testing and experimentation
- One document per aggregate with events as an array
- One document per event with an additional document per aggregate
- An event recorder (middleware) that can be used in tests to capture some events
- Adds distributed tracing support to event store operations with OpenTracing
- To develop Event Horizon you need to have Docker and Docker Compose installed
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/event-horizon.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.