This is the Linux app named FlightCraft3D to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as FlightCraft3D_beta.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FlightCraft3D to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
FlightCraft3D to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONa little and 'mininalist' 3D Flight simulator, accompanied also by a dydactical example that illustrates the concept behind flight simulators. FlightCraft3D anyway goes a lot beyond: is physically realistic, and allowes landing everywhere. It aims at becoming a game focused on casual landing, among trees, rocks and buildings and so on.
It shall be a sort of Minecraft-focused-on-aeromobilism. Simply implemented, but with many interesting features. I plan to do also a non-GL version that displays whole 3D gfx with a procedure at whose end pixels are displayed with SDL, asciiart, of native Linux X11 graphics of native Win graphics. Ofc ourse OpenGL is very useful for displaying nice trees... .
it's a single sourcefile program.
USAGE: in any Linux/UNIX system (es.Ubuntu) download the zip and place it in your home directory; extract the zip. open a Terminal and navigate int the folder of the game;type this: "make";press ENTER; double-click the a.out
- realistic physics, also at landing and collisions
- airplane will be made deformable
- trees around, which shall be solid later on, but damagable. Yes: desertification will be possible, as well as airport-construction... .
- textured graphics
- soon there shall be positionable buildings/blocks to make experiments on casual landing, and stunts
- very simple sourcecode
- internal view, rotable. it is a little awkward to get right point of view but it works: once the point of view was set good, it is acceptably good.
- only SDL and OpenGL needed to compile and run
- Also a non-OpenGL versin will be made
- airplane shape is automatically read in from a file, but a better polyhedron model of the airplane is needed
Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/stargl3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.