This is the Linux app named Force4Magix (Multiplayer 3D Game) to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Force4MagixClient_0_5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Force4Magix (Multiplayer 3D Game) to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Force4Magix (Multiplayer 3D Game) to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:The system is divided into two parts: the client and the server.
Clients at different geographic locations in the network connect to a single server by specifying its IPv4 address. The user gets into the system using his/her username and password. Each user has to make an account for himself in the beginning. His account information will be stored on the server machine in persistent form. Server sessions will have no effect on its accounts.
The server can be running anywhere on the network. The players play in a virtual environment among walls and obstacles (walls are porous, beware!). The shots fired at an opponent within range will cause him to lose 'life' points. The target is to kill maximum number of opponents. Once a player is killed he is logged out and then may reenter. At the end a scorecard showing the number of logins and the number of kills of all players of the current session is displayed at each terminal.
I have used fairly basic models, animations and a simple map.
- Move around with the arrow keys, change direction with the mouse and shoot with the mouse button. To exit press the Esc key or the End key.
- Demo Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PuumOJHZGo
Developers, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers, Testers
Java Swing, OpenGL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/force4magixgame/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.