This is the Linux app named Free Speech Just Pay Shipping to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as FreeSpeechJustPayShipping_0.3.3_doubleClickToRun_applet_orUnzipToGetSource.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Free Speech Just Pay Shipping to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Free Speech Just Pay Shipping to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:A 3d chatroom where the things people write gravitate toward eachother based on total strength of associations between those short texts. Strength is a competition of who spends the most computing time trying to associate the texts, similar to Bitcoin's "proof of work" system. While there is unlimited space in the system overall, the space around any specific text is limited by 3d space, which drives competition for what people want that text to be associated with. It can be used like a forum or chatroom to associate text with responses, or to associate election candidates names with their positions on the issues, or to associate your website URL with things. Many possible uses, and a global competition for what gets associated to what else. In this peer to peer network, pairs of short text are communicated based on highest "proof of work" (see Bitcoin's design doc) on each pair, so the pairs of text that the most time is spent toward associating will spread through the network.
- Intuitive 3d controls: Move mouse to steer. Mouse wheel to rotate. Mouse buttons are gas, reverse, and brakes. Point near text to see lines to what texts its connected to.
- The program is very small but version 0.3.1 is 1.1 megabytes because it comes with some example data of Wikipedia page names and links between them. Version 0.3.3 is interactive flying in 3d. Later versions will combine flying and those ways of flowing the text and lines together.
- Try it now at http://FreeSpeechJustPayShipping.com (the link above)
Science/Research, End Users/Desktop
Java Swing, Web-based
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freespeechpay/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.