This is the Linux app named FreeCol to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as freecol-0.11.6-installer.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FreeCol to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
FreeCol to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:FreeCol is a turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization, and similar to Civilization. The objective of the game is to create an independent nation. You start with only a few colonists defying the stormy seas in their search for new land. Will you guide them on the Colonization of a New World?
The last stable version release can be found here:
The latest test pre-release of the next version can be found here:
If you want to contribute to Freecol please visit our welcome information thread to see how here:
- Play classic Colonization games
- Play new expanded Colonization games
- Huge 8 player games (plus even more players with mods)
- Multiplayer support
- More European nations to choose from (plus even more with mods)
- More native tribes to meet (plus even more with mods)
- Huge maps of America, Africa, Australia, and many more!
- Map Editor to create your own maps to share
- Easily modifiable for custom graphics & gameplay changes
Java Swing, X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freecol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.