This is the Linux app named freegeoip whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.4.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named freegeoip with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Launched more than 6 years ago, the freegeoip.net API has grown into one of the biggest and most widely used APIs for IP to location services worldwide. The API is used by thousands of developers, SMBs and large corporations around the globe and is currently handling more than 2 billion requests per day. After years of operation and the API remaining almost unchanged, today we announce the complete re-launch of freegeoip into a faster, more advanced and more scalable API service called ipstack. All users that wish to continue using our IP to location service will be required to sign up to obtain a free API access key and perform a few simple changes to their integration. While the new API offers the ability to return data in the same structure as the old freegeoip API, the new API structure offers various options of delivering much more advanced data for IP Addresses.
- The current implementation uses the free GeoLite2 City database from MaxMind
- The freegeoip API is served by endpoints that encode the response in different formats
- Returns the geolocation information of your own IP address, the source IP address of the connection
- You can pass a different IP or hostname
- The freegeoip web server can provide metrics about its usage, and also supports runtime profiling and tracing
- The freegeoip package for the Go programming language provides two APIs
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freegeoip.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.