This is the Linux app named fx_cast whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.3.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named fx_cast with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A Firefox extension that implements the Chromecast API and exposes it to web apps to enable cast support. Communication with receiver devices is handled by a companion application (bridge). Install the Firefox extension (from within Firefox) and bridge application via the installer packages. These are two separate downloads that can be found on the website or in the GitHub releases section. The bridge application is currently supported on Windows, macOS and Linux. Clicking on the toolbar button or Cast... menu item in the page context menu will open a popup that shows a list of receiver devices will allow you to start casting the currently detected app2 or media. The extension provides a whitelist for ensuring only trusted sites are allowed to load the cast API and communicate with receiver devices. Sites may be added to the whitelist, either by clicking one of the whitelist options in the toolbar button context menu whilst visiting the site.
- The bridge application is currently supported on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Requires Node.js v16.x.x
- Native build tools
- Build scripts
- A Firefox extension that enables Chromecast support for casting web apps
- YouTube, Netflix or BBC iPlayer
- Requires a companion bridge application to connect with receiver devices
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fx-cast.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.