This is the Linux app named geneslider to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as geneslider_v1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named geneslider to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
geneslider to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONGene Slider can be used to visualize conservation and entropy of aligned DNA and protein sequences by presenting them as one long sequence logo. The presented sequence logo can be zoomed in and out. It can also display motifs in alignments. A built-in search function can be used to find motifs. Gene Slider is available online on the Bio-Analytic Resource and for download here.
- DNA and Protein Sequence Alignments
- Bit Score Calculations
- Motif Searches and Pre-mapped Motifs
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/geneslider/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.