This is the Linux app named gh-ost whose latest release can be downloaded as GAreleasev1.1.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named gh-ost with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
gh-ost is a triggerless online schema migration solution for MySQL. It is testable and provides pausability, dynamic control/reconfiguration, auditing, and many operational perks. gh-ost produces a light workload on the master throughout the migration, decoupled from the existing workload on the migrated table. It has been designed based on years of experience with existing solutions, and changes the paradigm of table migrations. All existing online-schema-change tools operate in similar manner: they create a ghost table in the likeness of your original table, migrate that table while empty, slowly and incrementally copy data from your original table to the ghost table, meanwhile propagating ongoing changes (any INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE applied to your table) to the ghost table. Finally, at the right time, they replace your original table with the ghost table. gh-ost uses the same pattern. However it differs from all existing tools by not using triggers.
- gh-ost uses the binary log stream to capture table changes
- gh-ost takes upon itself some tasks that other tools leave for the database to perform
- gh-ost has greater control over the migration process
- It can truly decouple the migration's write load from the master's workload
- It offers many operational perks that make it safer, trustworthy and fun to use
- External hooks can couple gh-ost with your particular environment
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gh-ost.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.