This is the Linux app named Gimpel3D whose latest release can be downloaded as G3DCodeBaseFull_1_27_2014.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Gimpel3D with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The main download link is the installer for the compiled application. NOTE: The help files are accessible from within the application, from the main menu. The source code is bundled separately.
Gimpel3D converts single images or frame sequences into stereoscopic 3D using a combination of traditional approaches and a proprietary projective modeling system.
The user works in true proportional space where the scene can be viewed from any location. The scene is edited geometrically in space using tools specifically designed to work with the perspective projection of the image.
This creates a virtual workspace that is intuitive for the user and proportionally accurate.
NOTE: The entire codebase is currently in a single zip file (look under "Files"), and NOT in the sourceforge project repository..
- Projective 3D Modeling
- Stereoscopic Rendering
OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a 3D engine, Project is a graphics toolkit
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpel3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.