This is the Linux app named Gitin whose latest release can be downloaded as gitin-code-0.9.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Gitin with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Have an independent desktop app for your Linux laptop, to manually keep track of assets in your IT environment, keep inventory of occupied IP addresses, devices, NIC's, networks. Cables that run from one point to another (connected to NIC's in devices) and as such cross certain rooms (or not), unused cables (available or lost?)
Keep everything in a MySQL compatible database, so that you have full access to your data in any case.
GitinCLI (Gambas interpreted) for cases where no full desktop is available, e.g. over a terminal ssh session (maybe when you need these data the most).
Work starts at basic use, hope to change the description once to: Have a NICE desktop program.
I am able to:
- drag 'n drop device to room, cable plugs to device's NIC
- list all free or used ip addresses
- pull cables to rooms they run through
I want to:
- calculate the value of (selection of) devices for insurance of bookkeeping
- sum the invested amount in IT devices over time
- print reports
- Network interface cards (NIC)
- cables (paths)
- services (daemons)
- ip (+history)
- user your own device pictures
Non-Profit Organizations, Education, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Management
Gnome, KDE, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gitin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.