This is the Linux app named gitin whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named gitin with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
gitin is a minimalist tool that lets you explore a git repository from the command line. You can search from commits, inspect individual files and changes in the commits. It is an alternative and interactive way to explore the commit history. Also, you can explore your current state by investigating diffs, stage your changes and commit them. Fuzzy search (type / to start a search after running gitin command. Interactive stage and see the diff of files (gitin status then press enter to see diff or space to stage). Commit/amend changes (gitin status then press c to commit or m to amend). Interactive hunk staging (gitin status then press p). Explore branches with useful filter options (e.g. gitin branch press enter to checkout). Convenient UX and minimalist design. See more options by running gitin --help, also you can get help for individual subcommand. Linux and macOS are supported, Windows is not at the moment.
- Fuzzy search
- Interactive stage and see the diff of files
- Commit/amend changes
- Interactive hunk staging
- Explore branches with useful filter options
- Convenient UX and minimalist design
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gitin.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.