This is the Linux app named GroIMP whose latest release can be downloaded as GroIMP-1.5-win32.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GroIMP with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Important: Groimp migrates to Gitlab. You can find the latest code and documentation at https://gitlab.com/grogra/groimp/-/wikis/home. The version on Sourceforge will not be updated anymore.
The modelling platform GroIMP is designed as an integrated platform which incorporates modelling, visualisation and interaction. It exhibits several features which makes itself suitable for the field of biological or ALife modelling:
The “modelling backbone” consists in the language XL. It is fully integrated, e.g., the user can interactively select the rules to be applied.
GroIMP provides classes that can be used in modelling: Turtle commands, further geometrical classes like bicubic surfaces, the class Cell which has been used in the Game Of Life implementation, and so on.
The outcome of a model is visualised within GroIMP.
In the visual representation of the model output, users can interact with the dynamics of the model, e.g., by selecting or deleting elements.
- Interactive editing of scenes
- Rich set of 3D objects, including primitives, NURBS curves and surfaces, and height fields
- Material options like colours, and textures
- Java + L-System gramma support
- Real-time rendering using OpenGL
- Support of several improt and exprot formats
- Build-in raytracing implementations (CPU. and GPU-based)
- Full spectral raytracing (down to 1nm buckets)
Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/groimp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.