This is the Linux app named HarfBuzz whose latest release can be downloaded as harfbuzz-win64-2.9.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HarfBuzz with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
HarfBuzz is an open source text-shaping engine with a C API that turns fonts and strings of character codes into a form that is correctly arranged for the corresponding language and writing system. This is essentially the process of text shaping: translating a string of character codes into a properly arranged sequence of glyphs that can be rendered onto a screen or into final output form for inclusion in a document. This shaping depends on a number of factors: the input string, the active font, the script (or writing system) of the string, and the string's language. Various font formats have their own set of standard text-shaping rules. With Harfbuzz, you can properly shape all the major writing systems. HarfBuzz is cross-platform and supports all major software platforms and font formats.
- Supports several OpenType shaping models
- Supports the latest version of Graphite shaping and AAT shaping
- Optional GSUB and GPOS OpenType features, all color-font formats and OpenType variable fonts
- Font-subsetting feature
- Can perform some low-level math-shaping operations
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/harfbuzz.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.