This is the Linux app named Headless Chrome Crawler whose latest release can be downloaded as 1.8.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Headless Chrome Crawler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Headless Chrome Crawler
Crawlers based on simple requests to HTML files are generally fast. However, it sometimes ends up capturing empty bodies, especially when the websites are built on such modern frontend frameworks as AngularJS, React and Vue.js. Powered by Headless Chrome, the crawler provides simple APIs to crawl dynamic websites. Support both depth-first search and breadth-first search algorithm. Save screenshots for the crawling evidence, emulate devices and user agents, priority queue for crawling efficiency, obey robots.txt, and more. The static crawlers are based on simple requests to HTML files. They are generally fast, but fail scraping the contents when the HTML dynamically changes on browsers. Dynamic crawlers based on PhantomJS and Selenium work magically on such dynamic applications. However, PhantomJS's maintainer has stepped down and recommended to switch to Headless Chrome, which is fast and stable. This crawler is dynamic and based on Headless Chrome.
- Distributed crawling
- Configure concurrency, delay and retry
- Pluggable cache storages such as Redis
- Support CSV and JSON Lines for exporting results
- Pause at the max request and resume at any time
- Insert jQuery automatically for scraping
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/headless-chrome-crawler.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.