This is the Linux app named Improved Simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as Updated_Simulator.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Improved Simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Java program that simulates a vessel moving on the face of the earth. Assuming you have all the prerequisites installed you can run the program either directly from eclipse or just download the JAR file and go "java -jar name_of_jar_file.jar>"
The program will simulate a boat navigating around subject to current set and drift but does not (currently) add a leeway factor. The current and various starting parameters are set in a configuration file, described below. The emulation is good enough that it can be used to test various types of navigation software like OpenCPN, iNavX. iRegatta and the like.
NMEA0183 sentences are sent out across the network on a pre-configured port number. Right now we send the following sentences:
Tell your navigation software/whatever to connect to port 1234 of your machine. NMEA 0183 sentences are sent out from the simulation on port 1234
Science/Research, Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/improved-simulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.