This is the Linux app named Islaki Defender to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as IslakiDefender.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Islaki Defender to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Islaki Defender to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONIMPORTANT: The cursor is used to aim, the primary firing buttions are 'J', 'K', and 'L'. There is no startup menu as of yet so the game just jumps right in.
Islaki defender is a program I wrote a few years ago for python 2.7. I have tried updating for Python3, however pygame does not appear to be compatible just yet.
This game is similar to Missile Command however it adds an extra dimension of variability.
The name of this program came about when I tried to do a trick-shot with my keyboard. I was typing in "island", spun around after the 'a', and hit between the 'k' and 'i' keys, resulting in the word "islaki". I just never bothered to fix it.
The run.sh file is really just included as a courtesy to the user. If the command `python2` doesn't work on your operating system, you may have to change it to the appropriate command.
Download the tar.gz file to get the full game, or you can download the files in the 'program' directory one-by-one.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/islakidefender/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.