This is the Linux app named Jaeger whose latest release can be downloaded as Releasev1.26.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Jaeger with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
As on-the-ground microservice practitioners are quickly realizing, the majority of operational problems that arise when moving to a distributed architecture are ultimately grounded in two areas: networking and observability. It is simply an orders of magnitude larger problem to network and debug a set of intertwined distributed services versus a single monolithic application. Jaeger, inspired by Dapper and OpenZipkin, is a distributed tracing system released as open source by Uber Technologies. It is used for monitoring and troubleshooting microservices-based distributed systems. OpenTracing compatible data model and instrumentation libraries include Go, Java, Node, Python, C++ and C#. Jaeger uses consistent upfront sampling with individual per service/endpoint probabilities and it has multiple storage backends: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, memory.
- Distributed transaction monitoring
- Performance and latency optimization
- Root cause analysis
- Service dependency analysis
- Distributed context propagation
- Open source, end-to-end distributed tracing
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jaeger.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.