This is the Linux app named Java Robot whose latest release can be downloaded as robot.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Java Robot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONThis Java software permits to control a real robot over a WiFi connection from one or more desktop client. Built in support for Pololu, Phidgets, SparkFun and any RS232 device. You can build and run your own robot by just editing a simple config file
- Pololu, Phidget, Sparkfun and any RS232 device supported (Relay Boards, compasses, ...)
- Administrative remote console with physical sliders available* (*Phidget Board required)
- Robot controlled over WiFi or any Ethernet based network like Internet
- Robot simulator. Visual frames for any device component so to virtually configure and test your robot
- No Java programming skills required to run your robot. Just edit a very simple configuration file
- Webcam streaming supported. Just put a webcam on the robot and view from the remote client
- Automatic and transparent broken connection detection. If you lose connection with the robot, it automatically stop while the client transparently tries reconnecting
- Accelerometer supported and available a preconfigured
- Add to the robot any sensor. Light, temperature, voltage, ampere, and more.
- Vocal synthesizer available both on the robot and on the client terminal
- Relay Board supported and automatically used to switch off servos powers when unused
- Graphical administrative client and physical console in mixer style. No limit to the number of client connections.
- Both push/pull/synchronous/asynchronous technologies used for data transmission based on pure Java RMI protocol
- Servos widely configurable: reset position, min, max and speed. Merge more servos movements into a unique action. Continuous rotation is supported along with precise alignment based on Phidget encoders
- Odometric measurment available. Estimate distance and heading based on high precision Phidget encoder
- PID with electric brake, the PID constants can be changed at runtime from remote admin client
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/javarobot/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.