This is the Linux app named JDiskCat whose latest release can be downloaded as JDiskCat_1.4.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JDiskCat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Easy-to-use multi-platform disk cataloguing program supporting local or removable media - drives and folders. Uses XML files as a data storage.
It was originally created in 2010 to catalogue software compilations (also called freeware compilations) and CDs distributed with computer magazines. It was later improved to support any kind of disk and folder.
It can be used to catalogue fragile disks like CDs, floppies, external hard drives, usb sticks, memory cards which are easy to damage. Cataloguing enables user to check what they contain without putting them physically into drive and avoid a possibility of a mechanical damage.
Download package consists of a jar file and a Eclipse project with a full source code. No installation is required. You can copy this program anywhere or transfer it to another computer. Setting unique volume label to a drive before cataloguing is recommended.
See blog or homepage for news and changelog.
This program requires JRE 6 or newer.
- Drive folder and file structure recording for offline browsing
- File searching without putting the external media out of storage and plugging into computer/putting physically into drive
- Any type of drive or folder is supported (optical, flash, internal and external hard drives)
- Volume information is stored using XML documents
- Scanning multiple disks in one batch
- File searching on multiple disks often takes only a few seconds
- Portable and multiplatform
- Can detect updated external drive letter if windows associated different one since last scanning
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdiskcat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.