This is the Linux app named localchat whose latest release can be downloaded as localchat-src-1.3.0beta.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named localchat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The original name is LANChat (Local Area Network system CHAT) is a little program for users on a local network have an internal chat system, initially created to replace the discontinued LinPopUp and the missing winpopup addition to maintaining a uniform when communicating, the "server" can run as an unprivileged user.
I had to change the name because had been another project with this name
- easy of use
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/localchat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.