This is the Linux app named LoroDux whose latest release can be downloaded as LoroDux_Alpha_latest.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named LoroDux with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
LoroDux is planned to be a OSM and Java based multi platform navigation software for mobile devices for blind and visually impaired persons. Release of first alpha version was September 10, 2010. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/LoroDux
- Import POIs and crossings from OpenStreetMap.org
- German, Screenreader compatible
- Gives direction and distance to POIs and crossings
- Add your own favorites
- Works with Bluetooth GPS receiver
- Supports hands free vibration navigation
- With POI and crossing search function
- German instructions to import a map area without sighted help
- Runs on JavaME devices, like Nokia S60 and many others
XML-based, Proprietary file format
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lorodux/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.