This is the Linux app named lynis whose latest release can be downloaded as Lynis3.0.9.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named lynis with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Lynis is a battle-tested security tool for systems running Linux, macOS, or Unix-based operating system. It performs an extensive health scan of your systems to support system hardening and compliance testing. The project is open source software with the GPL license and available since 2007. Since Lynis is flexible, it is used for several different purposes. Typical use cases for Lynis include security auditing, compliance testing (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, SOx), penetration testing, vulnerability detection, and system hardening. Test that Docker image, or improve the hardening of your deployed web application. Run daily health scans to discover new weaknesses. Show colleagues or clients what can be done to improve security. Discover security weaknesses on systems of your clients, that may eventually result in system compromise. Lynis runs on almost all UNIX-based systems and versions.
- Lynis scanning is modular and opportunistic
- No installation of other tools is needed, so you can keep your systems clean
- The tool can run with almost no dependencies
- Perform basic checks, such as file ownership
- Determine operating system and tools
- Search for available software components
- Perform execution of your custom tests (optional)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lynis.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.