This is the Linux app named MAFOR whose latest release can be downloaded as MAFOR_Release_v19.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MAFOR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The MAFOR (Multicomponent Aerosol FORmation) model is a Lagrangian type sectional aerosol box model which includes gas phase and aqueous phase chemistry in addition to aerosol dynamics. MAFOR consistently solves the time evolution of the particle number and mass concentration distribution of a multicomponent aerosol using the fixed sectional method and simultaneously the time-dependent concentrations of chemical compounds in the gas phase and also in the aqueous phase of supermicron droplets.
Release of the source code of the model as open source under the GNU General Public License (GPL) . Release version 1.9.5 is the last release on sourceforge. From version 2.0 onwards, MAFOR becomes a community model for aerosol dynamics.
The software is a console application with no GUI at the moment. The main intention of distributing the MAFOR model is the usage for educational purposes. We are looking for interested developers who want to contribute to the further development of MAFOR.
- gas phase chemistry and particle formation in environmental chambers
- ultrafine exhaust particles emitted by traffic
- new particle formation over the Arctic Ocean
- aqueous phase chemistry of amines in fog/cloud
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mafor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.