This is the Linux app named map2bsb whose latest release can be downloaded as map2bsb.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named map2bsb with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
map2bsb is a program that can convert charts in the map format to the more widely used bsb format.
Note that there are plenty of map formats: basically each chart plotter (Ozi Explorer, Scannav, etc.) has its own.
Note also that the bsb format does not support vectorial charts. Thus the vectorial map chart won't convert.
Currently, the focus is on two map formats:
- Ozi Explorer map format (seems to work ok)
- Scannav map format (still in dev)
map2bsb has received the Softpedia "100% Free" award (http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/map2bsb-Clean-206785.html)
Java Swing, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/map2bsb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.