This is the Linux app named MGEScan to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as MGEScan1.3.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MGEScan to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
MGEScan to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONMGEScan is a suite of two software tools MGEScan-LTR and MGEScan-non-LTR.
MGEScan-LTR is a software that can identify new LTR retrotransposons without relying on a library of known elements. It uses approximate string matching technique and protein domain analysis to detect intact LTR retrotransposons. In addition, it identifies partially deleted or solo LTRs using profile Hidden Markov Models (pHMMs).
MGEScan-non-LTR is a software for the identification of non-LTR retrotransposons in genomic sequences, following a computational approach inspired by a generalized hidden Markov model (GHMM).
1. M. Rho et al., "De novo identification of LTR retrotransposons in eukaryotic genomes", BMC Genomics (2007) 8:90.
2. M. Rho and H. Tang, "MGEScan-non-LTR: computational identification and classification of autonomous non-LTR retrotransposons in eukaryotic genomes", Nucleic Acids Research (2009) 37:21.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mgescan/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.