This is the Linux app named Modcomp XPL Compiler whose latest release can be downloaded as mcs0003.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Modcomp XPL Compiler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Modcomp XPL Compiler
This is a self compiling XPL compiler for the Modcomp III/IV and Classic. The XPL language is described in the book "A Compiler Generator" by McKeeman, Horning and Wortman. This project has two compilers. The first was written in the late 1970's and released to the Modcomp Users Group (MUSE). The second compiler is an extension of the first that includes a Common Sub-Expression optimizer. XPL was used to write the HAL/S compiler for NASA about the same time this XPL compiler was being developed but this is not the compiler used to create HAL/S.
I am in need of technical documentation for the Modcomp Classic and the MAX IV operating system. Please let me know in the discussion section is you have documentation from Modular Computer Systems.
- Self compiling XPL compiler for the Modcomp III/IV and Classic
- Simulator for the Modcomp III/IV and Classic
- Macro assembler for the Modcomp
- Object code link editor for the Modcomp
- Modcomp binary object library maintenance program
- Modcomp disassembler and general purpose object file dumper
PL/I (Programming Language One)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/modcomp-xpl-compiler/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.