This is the Linux app named mpchess to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as mpchess-1.2.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mpchess to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
mpchess to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONSimple chess game for people who want to play chess but don't want to take it seriously. Written in C, using SDL 1.2 or SDL 2 for graphics. Interface inspired from old chess game for ZX Spectrum. The computer searches (L+2)/2 moves ahead (assuming that a move means that both sides move a piece), where L is the difficulty level. Positions are evaluated only by adding the values of the pieces left on the board. Any factors related to where the pieces are, such as mobility, doubled pawns, isolated pawns etc. are not considered. To add variety to the game, possible moves are randomly shuffled before every search.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpchess/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.