This is the Linux app named mrhttpd whose latest release can be downloaded as MaintenanceRelease2.7.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mrhttpd with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Mrhttpd is a threaded web server that is lightning fast, simple, robust, secure and has a very small memory footprint. The binary is 15 to 20 kilobytes in size, depending on configuration and CPU architecture. Mrhttpd serves files at up to 4 times the throughput of Apache and runs CGI scripts. It scales very well with high levels of concurrency and responds very well to the BFS CPU scheduler by Con Kolivas.
One of the differentiating features is that the server is configured at compile time only. It will not read a configuration file at runtime. That makes it suitable for embedded systems as well.
The latest version is always available as a Docker image on Docker Hub: dockahdockah/mrhttpd
Read the documentation included in the distribution for more information.
- HTTP server
- threaded web server
- static files and CGI
- tiny Docker image available
- small and fast
- zero runtime configuration
- embedded systems
System Administrators, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mrhttpd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.