This is the Linux app named NAS4Free raid controller patch whose latest release can be downloaded as screenshots.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NAS4Free raid controller patch with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NAS4Free raid controller patch
NEWS: Since NAS4Free Version 22.214.171.124.1283 this patch project is obsolete. All changes are included now in NAS4Free. A big thank you to zoon01 and daoyama.
This patch project is for NAS4Free. The patch added some features to correct the issues you get if your disks are behind a real raid controller. Since version 126.96.36.199.972 the authors of NAS4Free have implemented a lot of PHP code which bear in mind also disks behind some controllers.
But obviously there are some issues again, so I wrote this patch.
Every folder contains patches for a specific version of NAS4Free. The patch sublevel numbering scheme is P1, P2, and so on. Allways use the highest sublevel.
- creates correct smartd.conf so smartd can start successfully.
- delivers the serial of disks behind a raid controller.
- delivers the device model of disks behind a raid controller.
- delivers the temperature of disks behind a raid controller.
- delivers the description (if available) of disks behind a raid controller.
- delivers the correct S.M.A.R.T. information of disks behind a raid controller.
- now supports embedded as well as non-embedded (full) systems (11-JUN-2013)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nas4freeraidcon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.