This is the Linux app named SILVERCODERS DocToText whose latest release can be downloaded as doctotext-4.0-20140202.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SILVERCODERS DocToText with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SILVERCODERS DocToText is a powerful utility that can convert documents to plain text. It includes a console application and C/C++ library, which allows embedding text extraction mechanisms into other applications.
It supports MS Office binary formats: MS Word (DOC), MS Excel (XLS, XLSB), MS PowerPoint (PPT), Rich Text Format (RTF), OpenDocument (also known as ODF and ISO/IEC 26300, full name: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications): text documents (ODT), spreadsheets (ODS), presentations (ODP), Office Open XML (ISO/IEC 29500, also called OOXML, OpenXML or MSOOXML) documents: MS Word (DOCX), MS Excel (XLSX), MS PowerPoint (PPTX), iWork, ODFXML (FODP, FODS, FODT), PDF, EML (emails) and HTML.
DocToText can be also used for searching, indexing archiving, as a fast console viewer or to recover text from corrupted documents. It can also extract text from annotations (comments) and read metadata like author, last modification date or number of pages.
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/doctotext/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.