This is the Linux app named NodeManager whose latest release can be downloaded as NodeManager-1.6.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NodeManager with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONMySensors (https://www.mysensors.org) is an open source hardware and software community focusing on do-it-yourself home automation and Internet of Things which allows creating original and affordable sensors.
NodeManager is intended to take care on your behalf of all those common tasks a MySensors node has to accomplish, speeding up the development cycle of your projects an including the following main components:
- Sleep manager: allows managing automatically the complexity behind battery-powered sensors spending most of their time sleeping
- Power manager: allows powering on your sensors only while the node is awake
- Battery manager: provides common functionalities to read and report the battery level
- Remote configuration: allows configuring remotely the node without the need to have physical access to it
- Built-in sensors: provide embedded code so to allow their configuration with a single line of common sensors
Source code on http://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager
- Manage all the aspects of a sleeping cycle by leveraging smart sleep
- Allow configuring the sleep mode and the sleep duration remotely
- Allow waking up a sleeping node remotely at the end of a sleeping cycle
- Allow powering on each connected sensor only while the node is awake to save battery
- Report battery level periodically and automatically
- Calculate battery level without requiring an additional pin and the resistors
- Report battery voltage through a built-in sensor
- Can report battery level on demand
- Allow rebooting the board remotely
- Provide out-of-the-box sensors personalities and automatically execute their main task at each cycle
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mynodemanager/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.