This is the Linux app named Noisy Channel Simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as noisychannel.py. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Noisy Channel Simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Noisy Channel Simulator
This program was written to dimonstrate errors in transmission for a presentation on Claude Shannon's Noisy Channel Coding Theorem. It takes an input file, the probability of a bit being flipped, and, if specified, the size of the header of the file. The program was intended to take monochrome bitmap files as input, so that each bit refers to a pixel in the image and thus, it would be easy to see errors in the output file, as some of the pixels would be flipped; however, it will work on any input file.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/noisychannelsim/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.