This is the Linux app named nuckel whose latest release can be downloaded as nuckel-20130613a.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named nuckel with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONYou need a small FTP server, but you have only a webserver with PHP? You don't wanna setup a Rapidshare clone but only a single upload/download page for a handful authorized users? You don't want or have a database?
Then have a look at Nuckel. It comes as a single PHP file that only needs write access to the file system. It allows you to push/pull files through a simple web interface. It uses straightforward URLs.
Note that Nuckel is not a web based filemanager for the server's file system, it merely stores the uploaded files in a git-like manner.
BTW., "Nuckel" is german for a dummy or a baby bottle's teat, i.e. something to suck on gently.
- Simple file sharing like FTP but in HTTP
- Single PHP file
- No database required (or supported)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nuckel/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.