This is the Linux app named Open Asset Import Library whose latest release can be downloaded as assimp-3.1.1_no_test_models.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Open Asset Import Library with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Open Asset Import Library
Importer library to import assets from different common 3D file formats such as Collada, Blend, Obj, X, 3DS, LWO, MD5, MD2, MD3, MDL, MS3D and a lot of other formats. The data is stored in an own in-memory data-format, which can be easily processed.
www.open3mod.com/ is a 3D model viewer and exporter based on Assimp that is also Open Source.
- Reads more than 30 3D file formats, including Collada, X, 3DS, Blend, Obj
- Converts them to a hierarchical in-memory data structure
- Provides 'post-processing steps' to improve the input data, i.e. generate normals and tangents or fix import issues.
- Provides APIs for both C and C++
- Imports skeleton animations and skinning weights
- Supports complex multi-layer materials
- www.open3mod.com/ is an Open-Source viewer that is based off assimp to view models (Windows only)
C#, Python, C++, C, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/assimp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.