This is the Linux app named OpenSCAD whose latest release can be downloaded as OpenSCAD2021.01.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenSCAD with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OpenSCAD is software for creating solid 3D CAD models. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, Windows and Mac OS X. Unlike most free software for creating 3D models (such as Blender) it does not focus on the artistic aspects of 3D modelling but instead on the CAD aspects. Thus it might be the application you are looking for when you are planning to create 3D models of machine parts but pretty sure is not what you are looking for when you are more interested in creating computer-animated movies. OpenSCAD is not an interactive modeller. Instead it is something like a 3D-compiler that reads in a script file that describes the object and renders the 3D model from this script file. This gives you (the designer) full control over the modelling process and enables you to easily change any step in the modelling process or make designs that are defined by configurable parameters.
- OpenSCAD is a free open source software
- It is available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and Mac OS X
- OpenSCAD provides two main modelling techniques
- Constructive solid geometry (aka CSG)
- Extrusion of 2D outlines
- Autocad DXF files can be used as the data exchange format
- OpenSCAD can read and create 3D models in the STL and OFF file formats
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openscad.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.